Join us for our May 2nd Meeting
The Board of Directors of Americans for Democratic Action, Southern California
(ADA SoCal) will be having our May Board Meeting:
Tuesday May 2nd at 7PM
Peace Center West
3916 Sepulveda Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90230
1). Announcements (7:30PM) (5 minutes)
2) Action Items from last month (3 minutes)
3). Agenda and Minutes (2 minutes)
4). President's Report:
• More effective meetings
• Report back from Campaign for a Healthy California's Single-Payer campaign
5). Report back from People's Action Conference in DC (Ankur Patel)
6). Endorsements (Ankur Patel)
• Mobilizing for Steve Zimmer and Imelda Padilla for School Board
7). Discussion of upcoming CA Democratic Convention and Democratic Chair endorsement (Katrina Bergstrom)
8). Pending California Legislation we should back. (Thom O'Shaughnessy)
9). How we can more effectively use Social Media (Amy J. Smith)
10). Report back from meeting with John Lewis and call for a Presidential Commission on Race (Bob Farrell)
11). Annual Membership Meeting planning (Jan Goodman)
12). Membership Report (Ankur Patel)
13). Treasurer's Report (Mitch Glaser)
We don't just want you to join and support ADA SoCal. We want you to get involved with the work we're doing.
You don't have to be a board member of ADA SoCal to serve on a committee. Any member of Americans for Democratic Action can serve. Through our committees, we're doing some of our most important work.
Here are our Issue Committees:
• The Environment (Fracking, dismantling Nuclear power plants, water and drought, global warming)
• Education (focused on funding and revisiting Prop. 13 to make it a split roll system in terms of commercial real estate, standing up to Charter Schools).
• Peace (Supporting the Nuclear Disarmament, Opposing drone strikes and Preventing the US from getting further mired in war)
• Justice (this includes Police Brutality, standing up for Undocumented Immigrants, standing with Muslim Americans against bigotry)
• Healthcare (Single-Payer Healthcare, Prescription drug prices)
Pick the issue that you care most about and join us to educate and work on moving it forward!
We also have organizational committees, which allow us to focus our action. The Endorsement Committee works on elections, candidates and ballot measures. We just started a Social Media Committee to help get the word out. We are also looking to start Membership and Event Committees to round out the functional aspects of our Americans for Democratic Action chapter.
Meetings are open to the public. We encourage you to join ADA and support the work we're doing! [Donate]