The Board of Directors of Americans for Democratic Action, Southern California (ADA SoCal) will be having our February Meeting on Tuesday, February 7th at 6pm.
6pm - 7:30pm Streaming the CNN debate on Healthcare between Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz.
7:30pm February meeting.
1). CNN Debate on Healthcare between Bernie Sanders & Ted Cruz (6-7:30PM)
2). Announcements (5 minutes)
3). Action Items from last month (3 minutes)
4). Agenda and Minutes (2 minutes)
5). President's Report:
• ADA National Music Video satire campaign
• Report back from Campaign for a Healthy California's Single-Payer campaign
• Discussion of General Strike proposal
• Planned screening of The Healthcare Movie in March
6). Phonebanking campaign against Trump Appointees: John Seeley
7). LA Spring Primary Endorsements
We will be considering LA Municipal races as well as discussing the Congressional Special Election
8). Treasurer's Report - Mitch Glaser
9). New Media Team Report - Karlenea Brown & Jeremy Collins
We don't just want you to join and support ADA SoCal, we want you to get involved with the work we're doing. Our committees are doing some of our most important work and you don't have to be a board member of ADA SoCal to serve on a committee, any member can serve.
Our Issue Committees include:
• The Environment (Fracking, dismantling nuclear power plants, water and drought, global warming).
• Education (focused on funding and revisiting Prop. 13 to make it a split roll system in terms of commercial real estate, standing up to Charter Schools).
• Peace (Supporting the Nuclear Treaty with Iran, Opposing drone strikes and Preventing the US from getting further mired in war).
• Justice (this includes Police Brutality, standing up for Undocumented Immigrants, standing with Muslim Americans against bigotry).
• Healthcare (Single-Payer Healthcare, Prescription drug prices).
• Endorsement Committee (Elections, Candidates and Ballot measures).
What are you most passionate about? Join us in educating and moving the discussion forward!
Meetings are open to the public.
We encourage you to bring your friends; join ADA and get involved!